Monday, October 21, 2013

PIT 4 Class 1 with Pat Shay

I just finished up class 1 with Pat shay and it kind of blew my mind a little.

First off, he said something like, "Think about how you feel about the other person rather than relationship. If you think about relationship you're already outside of your mind"

Admittedly, it's kind of an initiation but imagine all the initiations that you can just react emotionally about. But here's the hitch i think, it's how you feel about the other person.

"Mom, I'm not coming out, I hate parties"
ANGER: "Unlock this door now, you're gonna go down to the party and HAVE A GOOD TIME AND LIKE IT!"

HAPPINESS: "That's great honey, you stick with your guns. My baby is finally getting a spine."

FEAR: "Just don't do anything drastic honey. You know me and dad are here for you every step of the way. Just keep talking to me."

SAD: "I did this wrong didn't I honey, I just keep disappointing you. I'm so sorry"

It's kind of cool that if you really feel some way about some person it comes through. There are too many scenes where people don't feel that way about anything. I've done it as well. Those are usually conceptual.

Another great note from class is that you can take whatever someone is saying as a Complement, Come On, Threat, or Insult.

"Mom, I'm not coming out, I hate parties"

COMP: "I did interior decorate your room and that is so awesome that you like it so much you don't want to leave. Thank you honey."

COME ON: "You want it to be just me and you, eh, I understand, momma will make it all better."

INSULT: "This party I put up ain't good enough for you. You ungrateful child"

THREAT: "Listen, they'll leave, let's just not get into one of your dark moods. We all know what happens there."

How do you feel about what was said? How do you feel about the other person? That's been something that has been said COUNTLESS TIMES and I think this is the first time I kind of got it. If it's complement, how do I feel, I like them. If it's a come on, how do I feel, I find them attractive or repulsive. Insult, how do I feel about them, I could like them and be shock, hate them and not be surprised. Threat, how do I feel about them, I fear them. Great first class.


No comments:

Post a Comment