Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Amey Goerlich :Krompf Class do it!!!

I took Krompf class on recommendation from Dmitry Shein, perhaps the youngest and best improviser I know. I've done a lot of 2-prov training with him and I think he's gonna be one of the great improvisers. So, I take his recommendations pretty seriously.

Amey Goerlich, I never knew about, I had seen her perform with Chicagogo with some amazing improvisers and she killed it and more than held her own. So, when I took krompf, it was awesome that she was the teacher.

Here's what Krompf does that is awesome. I don't know what it'll do for you.

1) The Quality of Student: I think since this isn't affiliated with a school and that it's not level oriented, it gains a higher quality of improviser. The end game of these people are just to be better improvisers, not so much to be on a team. Though, most of them probably are. The quality of improviser is amazing. Some have improvised forever, rarely is there a person who hasn't graduated at least one school. So, for the most part you'll be working with the best.

2) Cheap!: The cost of the class is usually half the price of a regular class, sometimes less. She is an amazing teacher and worth the money.

3) Amey: She has a vested interest in getting you better at improviser. She has a system to figure out what your weaknesses and your strengths are and she'll tell you. She is a wonderfully constructive and honest person. She'll occasionally play with the class and she is a well known amazing improviser. She's worked with the best and she treats her students well. I would put her in my top 5 teachers EVER. Improviser teacher wise, she's on par with the best, if not the best.

4) Krompf: The form itself tests all your abilities. You have to be quicker with the initiations and the responses. The game should be known within 20 seconds, sometimes within the first three lines. If you wanna shortcut it, frontload the game in the initiation. You also learn how to really get into the game. Your third beat tag out ability will increase exponentially. Your mind will work much quicker and harolds will seem slow to you. Recognizing the game will become much easier. It's not about playing around. Krompf is about showing how you recognize game.

5) Fun!!: Krompf is pure fun if done well and it's not long enough to be terribly painful. I've taken krompf twice and am taking it again. You will do Krompfs based on Genres, Gay  Krompfs, Robot Krompfs, Pirate Krompfs, Caveman Krompfs. You'll do tag outs that last forever, games within games, juggling everything. Krompf is amazingly fun, it's the closing thing to shortform without being shortform.

I could go on and on but it's 3am and I must sleep. Message me if you want more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment