Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Making of a Team

I've done a LOT of classes. I've never really felt something close to getting a team together til recently.

In our Advanced Krompf Class with Amey Goerlich, she had chosen a group of likeminded improvisers to play with each other. She said most of us were robot-style with the occasional pirate.

I played with these 10 people for maybe 4 weeks and never EVER found myself more in love with improv. That is the best feeling in the world. I'm talking even in the audience being just entertained. The moves that were made were EXCEPTIONAL. I felt perhaps the most support I've ever felt ever.

These are experienced improvisers, but there comes a time where a team has to be formed.

I'm of the mindset that this is a RARITY. I've been in so many classes where things didn't gel, this is a moment of rarity. So, I took on the responsibility of getting things going.

I'm really hoping that this becomes just a loose team of 11 that just manage 3 or 4 at a time for shows and as time goes on we just get legendary.  I like to think, I know whats entertaining.

I hope, I can just get this party started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment