Sunday, November 22, 2015

Justin D. Torres on the Magnet Podcast

Hey Everyone,

I was just interviewed by Louis Kornfeld on the Magnet Podcast. This is kind of huge for me, because Magnet has become a real improv home for me. Louis Kornfeld was the long time artistic director of the Theater and I've loved all of his classes.

A quick story about Louis. I apologize if I've told this on another blog.

For some reason, we had a class scheduled for the day before Thanksgiving, only 5 out of the 15 people were there and our instructor couldn't make it either. We ended up having Louis as a sub.  Before he started class, he said (I'm paraphrasing), "I want to thank all of you for coming tonight. This is why I do this. I could care less about holidays, this is where the real happiness is for me. I couldn't think of a place I'd rather be than here with you all. "

That's what I remember about Louis. Sitting in a class, the day before a holiday and thinking that this is what I love. There may be no money in improv, we're all paying to do it. But, there is something beautiful about it. I'd rather do improv than 99 percent of other things.

This interview meant a lot to me. Feel free to listen to it. click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment