Friday, March 1, 2013

Tomorrow Auditions

It's almost 2am in the morning and tomorrow I have Magnet Musical Megawatt Auditions at 1:45pm. This has been the culmination of a lot of time and work. There's quite a bit of stake here.

Am I nervous? A little bit. Though I feel weird, because in a way, I feel like I've proven myself in class. I know what I offer and if they don't want it, they won't take me. I honestly feel I have a great chance.

I'm a dedicated hard worker, I wear the Magnet like a badge of honor when it comes to Musical Improv, and I've done a lot of practices and classes with the two people that will have a say in whether or not I get on a team. Micheal Martin and Louis Kornfeld.

I really want to be on a team. I remember the first time I saw Musical improv or even improv in general, OR EVEN an NYC show.

Oddly enough, I'm not nervous, I have to think of this as a mixer. Just go out there have a good time and hope for the best.

I feel like I've kind of been in a slump these last few shows and what not. For the Adorable show, I didn't make moves. I could blame myself all I want, but I honestly felt that staying on stage for those moments would have added more questions. We have this tendency for 3 people to come on stage at once, everyone with an idea and then slowly you navigate it. I think we need to fix that. There is no problem with aggression but I'm curious, I'll bring it up in the next few classes. I'm curious what is the best in that situation.

Anywho, I kind of keeled over like a puppy then. Do I go harder? There is something odd about fighting. I don't know.

In another practice, I just didn't bring the sauce. I didn't feel as free and fun. Gotta fix that.

Tonight, I did a show with Decent Proposal. Now we are a very loving team, we jump on each others idea's and we have a good time. This time it was kind of that amazing mix of AWESOME, there has never been a fight for anything with Decent. We had a pretty great show, I wish I could put it up but it's not the greatest video, I forgot to zoom out. Eck!

I'm gonna write some rules for me to go by tomorrow.

1) Have fun!!!
2) Have an idea, but don't hold on to it!!
3) Dance it up, Sing it up, do something that shows every part of you is enjoying it.
4) Improv, you know how to just do it.
5) Love the song itself.
6) Know that you have been working very hard and trust yourself to make the good moves needed.

HAVE FUN!! HAVE FUN!!! You will be playing with some amazing people who all know about structure and enjoy themselves. They are all in the same boat. There's gonna be a lot of love in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment